Hello Chris,

On 12-Apr-01 14:05:38, you wrote:

>I currently am using Thehostpros.com for my hosting, but I can't say its been
>a pleasant experience. I had to have them install PHP because they are more
>ASP oriented. So that cost me more. Then I wanted MySQL and they have spent 3
>months saying they'll install that. Basicly here's what I need: Someone who
>can host my domain (I own the domain already) Can provide MySQL and PHP. Both
>up-to-date. Can give around 60 meg of space (ballpark, less should be fine)
>Also a way to set up subdomains without needing to go through the admin (some
>hosts can do his). But this isn't necessary. Can anyone help with that?

For about 3 years I have been hosting my sites at my ISP (
http://phphosting.adgrafix.com/ ) mostly because it provides flexibility
like what you and more.  One of my sites is the popular PHP Classes site
that has now over 30.000 subscribers ( http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/ ).

If I need I can ask for human support, but most things like sub-domain and
e-mail account creation (extra subdomains and e-mail accounts are free) can
be configured on demand via a Web interface (give it a try in the address
above).

Even though I am on a virtual server, I can have the database servers I
want provided there is enough space and, except for dedicated servers, it
doesn't require a root account to install the software.

So, in my virtual server account I have a MySQL server, a PostgreSQL
server and a CVS server.  I even had a IRC server although I am not using
it.

I also have PHP and Apache compiled with modules and extensions I need
because I can choose what I want.

To keep all my sites automatic I even have access to my account crontab to
execute periodic operations or verify if all the servers are working ok.

I also have telnet/ssh account access so I can configure things on my own
when I want, but the good part is that when you need help or don't have the
time and patience to do it by yourself, my account manager can do it for
me.  He is very skilled and quick to assist me.

He doesn't work for the hosting company.  He just gets a commission from
them.  So it is in the best of his interest to serve me and other clients
well.  If you are interested in get such 5 stars support service, just mail
me back and I'll orient you to sign-in making sure you get my account
manager as yours too.

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Web Programming Components using PHP Classes.
Look at: http://phpclasses.UpperDesign.com/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP key: http://www.mlemos.e-na.net/ManuelLemos.pgp