On Saturday 09 April 2005 13:13, Burhan Khalid wrote:
> Yuri Huitrón Alvarado wrote:
> > running whoami in php returns : " root "
You know you are crazy as hell running php as root don't you.

I guess you use your root account all the time.

It kinda defeats its purpose.

You should add a user account for yourself and use that in every day work.
Whenever you need to install something they willl either ask for the root
password or you go su -c 'make install'

Your php should run as a normal user as well.

Don't be surprised if tomorrow you find your harddisk wiped out by an
intruder.  You're asking for it.

Try running 'last' and see if your system hasn't been compromised already

Andy
--
Registered Linux User Number 379093

Check out these few php utilities that I released
 under the GPL2 and that are meant for use with a
 php cli binary:

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/