Micha Biegnolé wrote:
Hi, I am a student of multimedia design.

I have two tables in a database with one same column(column:Name).
I ask data from table1 collumn:Name. In table2 I want to use the return of
data from table1 and search table2 collumn:Name for other information. I
tried joined SELECT, but it didn't work with me.

I hope someone understands what I mean, my english is not so great.

select data from table1.
SELECT name FROM table1 WHERE movies='yes'

Then I want to select from table2 using the result of select from table1.

SELECT * WHERE..?

If your MySQL server support sub-selects, then you can simply do :

SELECT * FROM table2 WHERE column IN (SELECT name FROM table1 WHERE movies = 'yes')