One of the most flexible ways to do this is to have one table with each user
information, then a table of groups and group members.  Users, per se, don't
have permissions, they acquire them from the groups they belong to, it is
easier that way than to assign permissions to each individual user, you just
have a group of, say, administrators, receptionists, cashiers, purchasing,
whatever and then assign people to one or more groups.

Then, you can have a third level which allows you to assign permissions to
each group.  As I said, you may have this level or not.

Then, in each page you can say which group can use it (if you didn't use the
third level) or which permission is required to see it.

Satyam

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]