I'm working on a website for a musical outfit where different levels of
access are required depending on the specific section.

Writers will have access to a section of the site where they can listen to
an entire album (for review).

Radio personnel will have access to a section of the site where they can
download radio-quality mp3 versions of singles.

Can anyone suggest how to approach this?

Is the easiest way to set up a table of username and passwords associated
with an id which would let me know what level of access they have and direct
them accordingly?

Thanks in advance...

-R. Van Tassel