On 20/04/2005, at 2:52 PM, Richard Lynch wrote:

I don't quite see how:

<?php
  require "bloated_class.inc";
?>

can be sped up much...

The problem isn't in the require function, but in the Class source bloat...

But maybe I'm just being stoopid.

First thing first, I am sure you are not new to the list and so arent I but dont try and reply unless you have something useful to say. Ok let me explain myself, I store my classes in classes/ , I use a request_uri of thepackage/theclass/thesubclass will load currently the class in question thepackage_theclass_thesubclass. I am just testing things atm and asking if something has already been achieved in the extension layer, as i'd prefer to reduce the ammount of interface scripts.