Hello Satyam,

S> I've been going through the manual and haven't found 'var'
S> documented anywhere, as far as I found, it is just used, and that's
S> it. It seems it first appears when it talks about Classes, and it
S> is just used in the examples as if everyone knew what var is
S> supposed to do.

It's a "constant initializer" - which is both an accurate and
misleading title at the same time :) It will initialise a variable to
be constant through-out your entire class (meaning any method can
access it) but unlike true PHP constants (those created with define)
the value of the variable can be manipulated from just about anywhere.

It is of course PHP4 only and is depreciated in PHP5.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov