I'm scripting a photo gallery page that generates links (1 through $max), sends the selected number in the url, then displays a set of photos based on the number. However, I want it to display the number of the current gallery differently than the other numbers. If the browser clicks on "3" and is looking at gallery "page" three, then I don't want the number three to be a link -- and maybe it should be bolder or lighter or something. Any ideas? I was thinking of nesting an "if > then" inside the "for > next" but can't seem to make anything work.

Thanks,
Ed

THUMBNAIL GALLERY LINK GENERATING SCRIPT: Creates links 1 through 20, then sends the number chosen in the url. This number is used later to generate a different set of thumbnails for each selected page:

$max=20;
$max++;
for ($n = 1; $n < $max; $n++)
{print '   <a href=""'.'>'.$n.'</a>';}
 print '  <br><br>';

Ed Dorsch
Development Communications
University of Oregon
541.346-0605

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
 -Jack London