Ed Dorsch wrote:

Can PHP generate an array based on file names in a folder?
For example, if I have a folder called "photos" that includes three files -- tree.jpg, house.jpg and boat.jpg -- can PHP "look" at the file and generate a variable $photos= array ("tree", "house","boat"). Any ideas for how to "sniff" out a folder to determine how many files are in it and then create an array with the file names in it?
Thanks,
Ed

*Ed Dorsch*
Development Communications
University of Oregon
541.346-0605

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
 -Jack London

Hi All,

yep, basics are good, hence my following the tut at webmonkey(so I can learn the basics), which had the code like that. Cheers.

P.S. Some people are mailig me direct. That's great, but, I'd prefer you reply in here, so all can see/comment. Cheers, again.

Mark Sargent.