I tryied using ftp_put() with startpos parameter, but I receive an error

Appen/Restart not permitted, try again

I tryed both  FTP_AUTOSEEK on and off, and both pasv true and false

I imagine that this is an ftp server error message, and not a php error, since I have searched it on php documentation with no success,
is startpos option depending on the ftp server supporting append commands?