On Sun, May 1, 2005 1:46 pm, Murray @ PlanetThoughtful said:
> [...]

Okay, I'm lost.

You're tossing around words like project, but you've got a field contid
and parid, and I read this three times and I don't know which is which.

What's a cont?
What's a par?

I assume Msg is short for message.

Type them out.  Your fingers may hurt today, but your brain will thank you
tomorrow. :-)

> The only way I could think to do this was to create a query that did a
> SELECT COUNT(*) from tbl_content_messages using the IN operator with a
> list
> of all of the contid values associated with each project.

I think you maybe want LEFT OUTER JOIN to keep the projects with 0 messages.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm