I was under the belief that tables are very bad for accessibility. I once attended a conference on accessibility and standards and witnessed a blind person attempting to read a website that had it's information laid out in a table with a screen reader. It was awful and shamed me into never using tables in my web design again (where possible of course).

Check out Joe Clarkes website: http://joeclark.org. Joe is an expert in web accessibility issues.