> I was wondering if its a good idea to template via smarty and include smarty
> with my code?
> also instructions to setup smarty when setting up the application i made?

Good idea compared to what? Compared to a different templating
library, compared to writing your own templating library, or compared
to having them download/install smarty themselves as a dependency?

> Searching google I found this very nice place discussing PHP templating (you
> might also want to read up on how many there are!)
> http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123769&page=1&pp=25
> but no discussion of including any of these with commercial software for the
> client to setup and their results.

Smarty is licensed under the LGPL. I've never read the LGPL, but
TTBOMK that means you can use it in commercial/propriatory software,
which I'm assuming is what you're refering to.