On 1 Jun 2005, at 11:38, Jochem Maas wrote:

all true, now imagine that you install a couple of 3rdparty php5 'packages' and they all define __autoload() - ain't gonna work! which is why there has been discussion on internals regarding the possibility of use a handler- function stack for autoloading (in the same way that you can register a stack of input/output filter-function)... something to keep an eye on in case things change :-)

I've run into this one. One way that would work for me (and initially it's how I assumed it worked) is for __autoload to be a standard class method like __construct, so that a class would attempt to run its own autoloader before breaking out to the global function namespace.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture