Hey thanks for all the replies...

the finger print scanner is actually alot more convient than anything
else.... for $38 it's became pretty addictive... now i don't have to
type all those long server passwords anymore.. LOL... i am way too
lazy!!!

I actually bought this thing to integrate a quick time clock into our
extranet system... all i need the thing to do is pass some scrambled
code based on the user's finger print into a text field and I could
then tie it to a user account on setup... I will be calling
DigitalPersona, the company who actually makes this thing... but their
website comes right out and says they don't support the microsoft
one.. go figure.. but they do have a couple other models that I may
consider getting for the project.. what really needs to happen is
someone start a source forge project that authenticates finger prints
using MySQL and Java... with a PHP front end for user authentication..

someone mentioned using the PHP functions to call the COM object...
guess I have do some reading ;o)

Cheers
Joe

Cheers!

On 6/1/05, Kim Madsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Joe Harman
---------
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson