Dotan Cohen wrote:
IF you know every single tag that exists! And being how I only wanted
to remove four of them, the list of 'what to remove' is so much more
compact than the 'leave those' list!

For what purpose are you wanting to remove tags? If this is for data that you plan to send to the client, then your approach is poor.

Your reasoning is exactly why you should never try to guess which tags to remove - you're almost certain to forget something. This is why so many people create PHP applications with security vulnerabilities.

If I've misunderstood your intent, then perhaps your approach is fine, but I wanted to point out the risk in your approach.

Chris

P.S. You should never modify invalid data in order to make it valid. Thus, I think strip_tags() is also a poor approach and not something I ever recommend using. Filtering input and escaping output are the best practices.

--
Chris Shiflett
Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy