Richard Lynch wrote:
On Mon, June 6, 2005 1:54 am, yangshiqi said:

I have a php application (let's call it app A) which is developed
separated
in a test domain name, like http://testa.xxx.com <http://testa.xxx.com/>
/.

But now I have to move it to another app (called B) using
http://testb.xxx.com <http://testb.xxx.com/> /, and the app A becomes just
subsystem of app B.

The access url is changed to http://testb.xxx.com/a/.

Then I meet a problem that the app A 's links, the path and other elements
in it are set like '/Main.php', '/art/logo.gif' by an absolutely path.

The app A is very independent and I do not want to disperse it to app B.

So how can I get this effect: when the user input the url, '
http://testb.xxx.com/a/ ', the app A will work fine?

Can I just modify some configuration about yapache to fit this
requirement?

maybe you could use the apache ProxyPass directive?

ProxyPass testb.xxx.com/a/ testa.xxx.com

or something like that. (I'm just half-remembering
a cool post by Rasmus L. so the syntax is probably off)

server with VirtualHost settings.  [He says blithely, never having
actually got that to work on his own box...]

Hmmmm, that reminds me...  Does VirtualHost rely on, like, /etc/hosts
having hostnames for all those made-up hostnames I use?  I had assumed all

Richard try something like this (obviously add any required stuff like
DocumentRoot etc.

# you can do allsorts of stuff with the IP definition.
#NameVirtualHost 213.*:80
NameVirtualHost *:80

#  _DEFAULT_ - this vhost gets loaded. if nothing else matches
# -----------------------------------------------------------------
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
        ServerName www.l-i-e.com
        ServerAlias l-i-e.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/l-i-e.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName richard.l-i-e.com
        ServerAlias rlynch.l-i-e.com
        # stuff
</VirtualHost>

# whats this then!

<VirtualHost 67.139.134.202:80>
    # if you create a directory
    # in /var/webroots/ that
    # matches the domainname given to apache
    # then the dir will be served.

    <Directory /var/webroots>
        Options ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
    </Directory>

    UseCanonicalName Off

    ServerName %0

    # '%-2+' traps the penultimate and all preceding parts of the FQDN as given
in the Host: header
    # but I wasn't having much luck with it.
    VirtualDocumentRoot /var/webroots/%0

    # some std resources?
    Alias  /css  /var/webroots/include/css
    Alias  /js   /var/webroots/include/js

    php_value auto_prepend_file /some/include/file.inc.php
</VirtualHost>

those hostnames were just internal unique markers for httpd.conf with no
real-worl meaning...  Was that just silly of me or what?

Richard, I believe you can have apache do lookups on the given names but
by default its off at least - I never have any problem putting allsorts
non-existing domains in the vhost confs, as long as your local HOSTS file has a
suitable entry your rolling.

rgds,
Jochem