Hi, my name is Alessandro Rossini and I want to let you know the launch of a
new project called ZNF.
The goal of this project is to provide an open source framework for building
PHP5 enterprise web applications. It's based on the Apache Struts project of
the Apache Software Foundation, available at http://struts.apache.org/. This
is not the first attempt to rewrite the Struts implementation, or part of it,
in PHP, but after spending a lot of time studying existing open source
frameworks, like Phrame, PHPMVC, Struts4PHP, Seagull and Vida we decided to
reimplement a brand new framework from scratch for many reasons. First of
all, all the mentioned frameworks, except Vida, are written in PHP4 and we
believe that its object engine (Zend Engine 1) is too limited for developing
enterprise level web application. At the same time the code we analyzed is
written without a rigorous approach (coding standards, compliance to W3C
standards, output of notice/warnings, lack of documentation/examples). Last
but not least frameworks claiming to be a porting of Struts have made no code
optimization during the porting from J2EE to PHP.
ZNF is free software released under GNU/LGPL license, the official ZNF home
page is at http://znf.zeronotice.com/. You will find the main package, a PEAR
compatible package and the developer's guide.
The project has been developed by me and Graziano Liberati, we're searching
for comments, feedback, bug signaling and best of all new developers. Any
kind of contribution will be appreciated, if you find the project interesting
join us!

Best regards.
--
Alessandro 'Aronnax' Rossini