On Wed, June 8, 2005 11:01 am, Philippe Reynolds said:
> Acutally, I have just resolved my problem.
>
> I was using method="get" in my form (which contains at least a hundred
> values to be passed back).  This overloaded the address length and
> therefore
> could not and would not action the second page.
>
> I switch to method="post" in my form (which does not pass everything to
> the
> address line, and therefore allowing the second page to be actionned..
>
> That to all you, who had input in this problem.

The minimum POST limit, which servers *CAN* impose, if they want, is
larger than the minimum GET limit, which servers *CAN* impose.

So maybe you fixed it, or maybe you'll just have trouble as soon as you
add one more INPUT...

You may want to break your form up into smaller forms.

Or maybe not, if you can find out the limit imposed by YOUR server, and
measure your FORM POST data length, and reassure yourself you'll never
cross that line.

PS Plan on Evil Person who intentionally tries to overload your POST input.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm