Hello,

I designed a player class with the following properties and constructor:

class player {
  private $properties = array('firstname' => NULL, 'lastname' => NULL);
  function _construct($first, $last) {
    $this->properties['firstname'] = $first;
    $this->properties['lastname'] = $last;

Then I have other methods that allow me to set and get the properties.
However, when I issue a:

$myplayer = new player('Laurent', 'Blanc');

it seems that the constructor is not taken into account: the properties
are not initialized. I have to explicitly initialize them with the
setter methods in order for the initialization to take place.

What did I do wrong?

I am running PHP 5.0.4 with Apache 2.0.54.

Stéphane