Here's the answer!

I updated the SERVICE file on my Apache/PHP machine and all is well.

At 12:04 PM -0400 6/15/05, James wrote:
I have a windows machine with Firebird and the default database.

I've configured another machine with Apache and PHP. I want to write PHP scripts to remotely access the Firebird database.

I followed the instructions at:
http://us3.php.net/ibase

I changed the php.ini to enable the php_interbase.dll and the php_gd2.dll by commenting out the two lines under Windows Extensions

I also copied gds32.dll from the php directory to the C:\windows\system32 directory.

I restarted Apache.

This is in my PHP script:
"
$host = "10.1.4.58:c:\fbwin50\fbdata\fbdata.fdb";
$username = "SYSDBA"; $password = "masterkey";
$dbh = ibase_pconnect ($host, $username, $password);
$stmt = "SELECT * FROM EVENTTYP";
$sth = ibase_query ($dbh, $stmt);

I get the following error:

Warning: ibase_pconnect() [function.ibase-pconnect]: Unable to complete network request to host "10.1.4.58". Failed to locate host machine. Undefined service gds_db/tcp. in d:\htdocs\Website\PHP\dtest.php on line 17

Warning: ibase_query() [function.ibase-query]: invalid database handle (no active connection) in d:\htdocs\Website\PHP\dtest.php on line 20
"

I was able to use isql to remotely connect using the parameters above.

What am I not doing on the PHP end to get this to work?

--
-James

--
-James