On Thu, June 16, 2005 7:05 am, Jay Blanchard said:
> I am in need of a PHP class or script or something that will allow me to
> designate a group of files to be zipped up, including PDF files,
> automagically. It must be compatible with WinZip as that is what the
> user will have access to. I have tried several things, a couple of
> classes, and some other tricks to no avail. There seems to be an issue
> with PDF's that I cannot figure out. The files are usually 1 byte too
> short when you try to open them after unzipping them, and are therefore
> corrupt.
>
> If anyone is aware of something would you please let me know? I am even
> willing at this point to add a couple of layers of abstraction to make
> this work as long as the process is relatively invisible to the end
> user. My desire is that it works like this;
>
> User clicks link
> [start automagic stuff]
> *whirring* //determine which files should go into archive
> *clicking* //put files in archive
> [/end automagic stuff]
> User presented with dialog box to save archive
>
> Any and all clues are appreciated.

+1 on the http://php.net/exec plus using zip on the command line.

Hopefully the users don't have direct control over what gets passed in as
an argument... "; rm -rf /" would be bad, for example...

http://php.net/escapeshellarg

for that.

Performance might be an issue, but probably not if you are zipping up PDFs
and delivering them in a download...  The extra overhead of a shell isn't
*THAT* much.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm