On Wed, June 22, 2005 8:16 am, Simone Nanni said:
> i have a little question for you.
>
> I wrote a procedure that puts some images in a MySQL database from a
> "reserved area" that can be viewed, choosing in list of them in a "client
> area".
>
> My problem is that in "client area" users must refresh (F5) their browser
> to see the newly added images in the list.
>
> How can i auto-refresh all opened clients when administrator insert a new
> image (push refresh from server)??

You can't, really...

You could try to use the keep-alive stuff and server-push, but it won't
work in a lot of browsers.

Your best bet is to have the HEAD have a HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" tag.

Google for those keywords, and you'll find it.

It's not PHP at all, really.

Note that whatever else they may have filled in on the form will be lost
when you auto-refresh...

It's usually better to just accept that the user sees a list of what was
available at the time they began their selection, though you may have one
of the unusual rare exceptions on your hand.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm