> If it's because of memory issues then it will indicated by an error
> message saying that your script has tried to allocate more than the
> allowed memory limit (and it's easy to fix by adjusting this limit in
> php.ini)

Actually, I'm not getting any error at all.  The script just halts.  I am
only guess that it's a memory issue because the file is so large and
because when I shrink the file down, everything works.
After alot of additional testing, it turns out the problem isn't with the
domxml_load_*() functions after all.  My apologies.  Although my
script is still halting inexplicably, it seems that the root cause of that
is a function I'm using to turn the DOM into an array.  The function
that I am using is one that I snagged from the user contributed notes
for the xml_tree() function and can be found here:

http://us2.php.net/manual/de/function.domxml-xmltree.php#25964

I still believe it to be a memory issue but for the life of me, can't
figure out how I can rework the domxml_xmlarray() exampled in
the above link such that it uses the domxml nodes by reference
and not by value and thus compounding the memory usage. Do
any of you guys have any ideas?  Do any of you use a similar
function that isn't as memory intensive?

thnx,
Chris