Hello,

on 06/30/2005 01:02 AM Dan Goodes said the following:
Hi Folks

This 32-bit limitation is haunting me everywhere I turn.

Is it possible with PHP (at compile-time if need be) to make it use large
(64-bit) integers?

I'm asking because I would like to perform operations on large files, and

fillesize($filename)

is returning an error, even when I use

sprintf("%u", filesize($file))

as per the manual for filesize(). I get:

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for FC4-i386-DVD.iso (errno=75 - Value too
large for defined data type)

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? Thanks!

No, PHP is not capable of handing files larger than 2GB. You want to file a bug report because other program can handle large files in 32 bit OS.

http://bugs.php.net/

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos