As for statistics, there are so many large intranet sites in use that
never see the light of day using CF, PHP, ASP.NET that numbers would
never be very acurate.

If it interests any of you, you could check out www.forta.com/blog/
and search for his listings of major corporate entities using
currently using CF.

I'm not pointing this out to say that there are more major CF sites
than PHP, that is not my point... my point is that saying "As to
ColdFusion, It seems to me that this technology is dead already" is
probably coming from someone who wouldn't know.

A CF (only) developer wouldn't know the PHP usage and community as
well as the PHP developer.... and vice versa. We are more familiar
with what we use. Common sense.

And of course, In reading so many this VS that posts, I would say
people are biased to their own preferrence, quite naturally....

PHP and CF have their own pros and cons. The only way to truely
evaluate them is to use them both. That's my 2 cents.

Yves

On 6/30/05, Richard Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, June 28, 2005 8:17 pm, Rick Emery said:
> > Quoting Anton Kovalenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> >> As to ColdFusion, It seems to me that this technology is dead already.
> >
> > What makes you say this? I had never heard anything like this, but it
> > would certainly be powerful ammunition to present to my bosses.
>
> Perhaps some sort of web market penetration analysis...
>
> I just searched through Netcraft and whatsit that the PHP site references
> from http://php.net/usage.php
>
> Neither seemed to mention ColdFusion.
>
> There are, however, presumably people out there with some kind of opinion
> backed with some kind of statistical analysis, inherently flawed to some
> unknowable degree, that may relate to this.
>
> YMMV
>
> --
> Like Music?
> http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm

Yves Arsenault

"This year, or this month, or, more likely, this very day, we have
failed to practise ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from
other people."
C.S. Lewis