On Jul 6, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Philip Hallstrom wrote:

of leap years between the two dates. Leap years occur every 4 years, and 17 / 4 = 4.25, so there were 4 leap years between 7/6/88 and 7/6/05 and

Just to nitpick... :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_year

The Gregorian calendar adds an extra day to February, making it 29 days long, in years where the quotient has no remainder when divided by 4, excluding years where the quotient has no remainder when divided by 100, but including years where the quotient has no remainder when divided by 400. So 1996, 2000, and 2400 are leap years but 1800, 1899, 1900 and 2100 are not.

I always wondered what kind of drugs those guys were on when they came up with the leap-year system... :P

One interesting side note to the op's problem, since I'm not going to be able to do anything else till I figure this out now..., if one of the dates is a leap year the 365.25 works fine, which make me wonder how the strtotime() function is working... or maybe that's what it's supposed to do... ;)

Edward Vermillion
[EMAIL PROTECTED]