Hi, i´ve a strange Problem with the session_set_save_handler-Function.

Firt of all my config:

in my intranet i´m using 2 servers

the first server is the db-server running mysql v. 12.22 dist 4.0.24

the second server is the webserver

running apache2 Linux apache 2.6.5-7.147-smp running

and is using php v. 4.3.4

i´ve written some function to store session-data in a table on the

mysql-server.

because of the fact that i´ll never see if the write-session-function is

called i´ve placed a write-a-log-to-disk function in all session-function to

see if they are called.

when i use "files" in the /tmp-directory to store the session-data

everything works fine, but if i switch to the db-based-system php crashes

with no error message (crash in this case means that a empty page is

transfered to the client).

a sideeffect of this problem is the following:

i use some wrapper-classes to handle database-insert/select and updates. if

i use the file-based-session-handling i can select the content of the

session-table, but when i use the db-based my wrapper class get a empty

record-set when i try to select the table where the session-data is stored.

using a programm like sqlyog i can see the entries written by my

handler-functions.

the realy strange thing is the following:

till yesterday everything works fine (yes, also the db-based-handling).

today i´ve rebootet the webserver. no config-files has been changed. after

the computer has been booted the described problem occured.

can anybody help me to fix this problem or give some hints where to find the

error?

thx for help.