Is your browser sending an accept-encoding header containing gzip?
(eg. Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate). If not, then PHP will reason it should not send gzip-encoded content because the browser won't understand.

- tul

LacaK wrote:

Thank you,
I know this technique : ob_start('ob_gzhandler');
but I am interesting on : ini_set('zlib.output_compression', true);
/this is preffered method as stated in manual :
Also note that using ini.zlib.output_compression is preferred over ob_gzhandler(). /
And I do not understand, why it does not works ?
I have reported it as a bug ...
LacaK.

Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:

To turn it on: