Don't use session_register()

It was only needed way back when in PHP3 (?)

Simplify your test until it "works" -- Then start adding the other stuff in.

Are you *SURE* you are calling session_start() on the page that gets the
POST?

I think you need to call session_name() *BEFORE* session_start() but I
could be wrong about that...

What may be happening is PHP uses the default name to set your cookie to
start with, then you change the session_name() but it's too late, the
cookie already was set.

If you reverse the order in another page, the other page looks for a
cookie name that doesn't exist.

Re-configure your browser to display all the cookies you get.

Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm