""david forums"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> well I see two way.
>
> First is to make a php script without end, which will run continuously.

I don't recommend this way at all. Why take up all that energy

> second way is to add refresh html tag, in your page, or a js script to
> reload automaticaly.

Much better and simpler idea, you can use an http header to do this.

http://4umi.com/web/html/httpheaders.htm has a list of them

Third idea, which may be overkill, depending on how important this
information is, how many people will be accessing it, and whether people
_need_ to see it real time.

set up a cron job/scheduled task to read the db value every 30 seconds, say,
and write out a flat html page with the latest data in. This is only of
value if your db is getting hammered by requests.

I only really mention this as it's the Open Golf Championship this week, and
I used to work on their live scoring app, which pretty much worked as above.