In article <9bjcj6$dg6$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Yasuo Ohgaki") wrote:

> I'm not sure if accessing string as array is going to be depreciated or not.
> (Or is it already depreciated???)

I made a note of this a while ago when it came up on the list, because
initially it sounded to me too like it was being deprecated.  It's not.
It's the current *method* for accessing string offsets that is expected to
be deprecated in the near future.  So instead of using $string[offset], we
just should get into the habit of using $string{offset} now to save
ourselves the hassle of going back to fix it later.

--
CC