George B wrote:
Jochem Maas wrote:

John Nichel wrote:

George B wrote:
<snip non-researched basic stuff>

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/index.php

:-) anyone care for a php mysql extension:

mysql_do_xml_http_request_bound_richdatagrid([string] query);

george if you want to keep asking questions on NRBS**
then you'll need to change email addrs + name :-)

** from Johns 'non-researched basic stuff' I like the way
the BS comes out ... :-P

what is it wrong to ask questions on a php general mailing list where I know there are a bunch of people that can help? I do have a php book But

it's just that what you ask and how (coupled with the frequency)
determines the response you get, if any.

your general attitude, the number of posts you answer, etc, etc all
play a part. e.g. as is regularly mentioned you don't argue with Rasmus,
why? because he wrote the original php, still actively develops it, runs
yahoo, and _still_ has time answer posts on this list... basically
he know more than you and has enough 'credits' in phpland to buy the
bank (so to speak) -

...you blew most of your startup 'credits' already, so now you are 'forced'
do a lot of increaseKnowledge() where:

function increaseKnowledge()
{
        while (kowledgeSucks()) {
                readTheManual();
                SearchTheWeb();
                writeSomeCode();

then come back to the list when you are _really_ stuck and you can
explain the problem and what you have tried so far in _detail_...
if you do that then you'll almost garantee yourself and answer

there are no hard and fast rules regarding this but the consensus
is 'try harder please George' ... basically NRBS** doesn't entice people
to spend time working on _your_ problem.

it dosent show. Why can other people ask questions but I cant?

which book? show what? be specific, do research - google is your friend
(that's beginning to sound like something bigbrother would say).

regarding "Why can other people ask questions but I cant?" ... er?
that is a question, you asked it, ergo the question moot is moot...
what you should be asking is why other people get better answers ...
hopefully you get that now, anyway good to see you reading other people
threads.

rgds,
Jochem

**Non-Researched Basic Stuff - from John Nichel, eventually I'll be able to
leave off the footnote :-P