That last line always causes me problems, I think it is probably a difference in versions of mysql. Just change the last line to:

);

without any of the text in their. It doesn't really do much anyway.

Ross wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to create a table on the remote server but it never seems to work

CREATE TABLE `sheet1` (
  `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `fname` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `sname` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `job_title` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `organisation` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `email` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `street` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `city` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `postcode` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `office_tel` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `mobile` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `fax` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `web` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `add_info` varchar(255) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=303 ;

There seems to be a problem with the last line (this is exported from my local server). I am just learning about mySql as I go so have no real clue about CHARSET and ENGINE (which I believe may be the problem)

This is the error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=303' at line 18

and this is what the manual  says (not very helpful)

a.. Error: 1064 SQLSTATE: 42000 (ER_PARSE_ERROR)

Message: %s near '%s' at line %d

Any help will be appreciated.

R.