> On Thursday 21 July 2005 15:02, Jim Moseby typed:
> > As far as I know, there is no way to insert 20 unique rows
> of data into a
> > MySQL table without executing 20 queries.  Maybe someone
> else here does(?).
> > Perhaps drop a note over on the MySQL list, since this is
> really more an
> > SQL question than PHP. Sorry I couldn't help.
>
> Yes, MySQL supports an extended insert syntax of insert into
> foo (...) values
> (...), (...), (...).

Interesting!  Consulting the manual, I see that you are correct.  So the OP
would do something like:

$sql="insert into foo values ";
foreach($formdata as $thisdata){
}
$result=mysql_query($sql);

(of course the above code is broken, because it would leave an extra comma
at the end, but this is the general idea, no?)

JM  <== learns something new from this list every day!