Greetings,

I have an application I built that allows the user to schedule mailings to
subscribed users for specific times and dates. Everything was working fine
as far as I could tell then all of a sudden this time shifting problem
started popping up and seems to be getting worse. The application makes
extensive use of the date() and time() command for generating and displaying
dates and times. It appears that the times are shifting 7 hours into the
future. If I shutdown Apache then start it back up next time I log into the
application all of the times are now displayed correctly. Below is my server
configuration:

-          Windows Advanced Server 2000 with all updates applied

-          Apache 2.0.47 non SSL

-          PHP 4.3.3 using Apache2 module

-          MySQL 4.0.14-max

-          phpMyAdmin 2.5.2-pl1

The application itself also makes heavy use of:

-          Adodb 4.52

-          Smarty 2.6.5

I am hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction here as
this is starting to become very annoying. We are going to be moving the
application over to an Mac OSX 10.4 server in the near future but I still
need to find out why this is happening on the Windows server. I have never
had this type of thing happen on this server to my knowledge. I am going to
be upgrading Apache to 2.0.54 and PHP to 4.4.0 probably today to see if this
helps. I have also considered moving Apache back to the 1.3x series as I
have heard that the 2.x series has some stability problems on Windows.

Anyways, thank you in advance to anyone that can help me!!!

Gord

--

Gord Busse < <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Website:  <http://gordo.bussefamily.net> http://gordo.bussefamily.net

99 little bugs in the code, 99 bugs in the code,
fix one bug, compile it again...
101 little bugs in the code....