Hi,

I got a slight problem with a Form that doesn't correctly transmits its data
correctly under entering some special data.

I put together an example to get hold of the problem but so far I do not have a clue
why this doesn't work.

Be great if someone got an idea.

Here is the sample script I put together to see what actually gets transferred when the Form is
submitted.

File: ftest.php

        <head>
                <title>Form Test Page</title>
                <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1">
        </head>
                <form action=ftest.php method='post' encoding='text/plain'>
Enter a text: <input name=TheText type=text size=10 maxlength=10><input type=submit>
                </form>

<?php
import_request_variables("gPC","FORM");

echo "Data from last request:<br>";
echo "POST:<br>";
print_r ($_POST);
echo "<br>GET:<br>";
print_r ($_GET);
echo "<br>Cookies:<br>";
print_r ($_COOKIE);
?>

Pretty simple and straightforward.

The statistics page I currently work on requires to enter a Groupname.

All but one groupname so far get accepted.

The one that does not get accepted is

<Group>

including the "<>"

If I enter this into the form and submit the data doesnt get forwarded into the post data.
Even changing the encoding did not work.

I tried ><   that did work strange enough
even <> alone works but as soon something is in between <> nothing gets into the post-data.

Does anybody have an explanation?

Maybe I overlooke something.