On 22 July 2005 19:47, Surendra Singhi wrote:

> I don't think it will make the code confusing, but the person looking
> at the code should understand how reference and global variables
> work. Using reference variables avoids unnecessary extra copying of
> objects, and while
> using large arrays it can make a big difference in speed.

You shouldn't need to worry about this -- PHP tries to take care of it for
you.  When you copy an array value, PHP only does a "shallow" copy (of the
array's address); if you later modify the array, this triggers a full "deep"
copy of all the array's element values before the modification is done.

Cheers!

Mike

Headingley Campus, LEEDS,  LS6 3QS,  United Kingdom
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go to
http://disclaimer.leedsmet.ac.uk/email.htm