Hi,

I have Apache 2.0.52 with PHP 4.3.9, running on a Linux Fedora 3, and cannot
write through PHP on any folder, except for /tmp.
No matter which permissions, owner or group are set for the folders or files,
they never become writable.

When I execute the following script, I have always obtain as a result, that "The
file is not writable", although it should be, because test.txt has Apache as its
owner and group, and permissions for reading, writing and executing for the
owner, group and others.

In Apache, the user and group are set to Apache, and in PHP the safe mode is
off.
<?php
$filename1 = '/opt/ilias/www/htdocs/ilias3/setup/test.txt';
$filename2 = '/opt/ilias/www/htdocs/ilias3/setup';
$filename3 = '/tmp';

clearstatcache();
if (is_writable($filename1)) {
   echo 'The file is writable';
} else {
   echo 'The file is not writable';
}

clearstatcache();
if (is_readable($filename1)) {
   echo 'The file is readable';
} else {
   echo 'The file is not readable';
}

clearstatcache();
if (file_exists($filename1)) {
   echo "The file exists";
} else {
   echo "The file does not exist";
}
?>

Have you ever experienced a problem like this?

Thanks a lot,
Nancy.