I have a PHP script that I need to run once a day.  I have it currently
setup so that I just run it from my cell phone, but I would prefer something
automated. I'd looked into a cron job, but that just looks like it's for
doing linux command line stuff on my host.

I also thought about writing a never ending while loop with an if statement
that checks to see if it's time to run the script, then when it is time, it
runs. Then checks to see if it's time again.

But even assuming I could get it working, do I really want to have a PHP
script that runs all the time. This could be bad if it ate up all the CPU on
my server. I'm not even sure I have access rights to kill the process once I
start it.

Any suggestions?

Andrew Darrow
Kronos1 Productions