Or if it's PHP 5 they might be using an __autoload() magic function which gets called whenever a class that isn't declared is instantiated. That function could be require()ing another file.

Jasper

Chris wrote:
That isn't created by PHP, it must be declared in the code somewhere.

Maybe there is an auto_prepend_file set?

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.auto-prepend-file

Chris

wayne wrote:

First, I'm new to PHP. I have a script that
has a piece of code that looks like this -
require_once($CFG->wwwroot . '/lib/mylib.php');
My question is this, I'm trying to find out
how the class $CGF was initiated.There are no
include or require statement before the statement.
Is $CFG a global variable? If how does it get
initiated?
Tnaks.