Sebastian wrote:
Paul Waring wrote:

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 04:37:12PM -0400, Eric Gorr wrote:
Should it? Is it possible to write a doesexists.php script which would cause the 404 directive to be triggered?

I also tried: header("Status: 404 Not Found"); but this did not work either.

Try searching the archives for this list, I'm sure this question, or one
very similar to it, was asked and answered fairly recently.

Paul
header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found');

I'm afraid you missed the original point of the question. His problem was that Apache does not display the ErrorDocument if PHP sends a 404 status header.

This behaviour is by design (Apache checks to see if the PHP script handling the request exists; it does, so Apache does not display the ErrorDocument)

What I would recommend is to send the 404 header and then include() the ErrorDocument as specified in Apache's config.

Jasper