Uroš Gruber wrote:

> Torgny Bjers said the following on 11.8.2005 14:44:
>
>> I am assuming that this is after a post operation. If it's JavaScript, I
>> think the question should be directed to another list. So, if you group
>> the elements that should be validated after the checkbox has been
>> checked, you can activate/deactivate the group validation rules based on
>> the state of the checkbox. Makes sense?
>

> If I understand your idea the code would look like this
> $form->addElement('text', 'taxNumber', 'Tax:');
> $checkbox = &HTML_QuickForm::createElement('checkbox', 'isCompany','');
>
> if ($checkbox->getChecked()) {
>     $form->addRule('taxNumber','required','Tax number is required');
> }
>
> if ($form->validate()) {

That would be the idea, yes. It was some time since worked with
Quick_Form, so there might be a specific order you need to perform the
adding of the rule in relation to the validate() method call on the
$form object.

> Btw yes it must be checked when user submit this. But If it's possible
> client option on rule, would be better.

I am not sure about this, is there even client-side validation support
in Quick_Form? Haven't really looked into this. I would suggest writing
a manual javascript evaluation for the specific fields that should be
visible when the checkbox is checked, or to have a postback between. The
JavaScript option sounds most tempting, since it makes it a bit more
user-friendly. That way you can use the JavaScript alert() function to
present the fields that have erroneous information as well as altering
styles in the fields in question to perhaps have a red border to
indicate errors.

Regards,
Torgny