Hello All,

What are best practices for deleting records in a DB. We need the
ability to restore the records.

Two obvious choices are:

1) Flag them deleted or undeleted
2) Move the deleted records to seperate table for deleted records.

We have a  complex schema. However the the records that need to be
deleted and restored reside in 2 different tables (Table1 and Table2).

Table2 uses the primary key of the Table1 as the Foriegn key. The
Primary key for Table1 is auto-generated. This make the restoring with
the same primary key impossible, if we move deleted data to a
different table. However if we just flag the record as deleted the
restoring is quite easy.

Any thoughts/ideas ?

--
In Peace,