[snip]
It must be something in our PHP configuration that's causing the
problem, but I'm pretty sure we have a cache extension installed.  This
PHP install was done rather quickly, unless there's a cache extension
installed by default (which there is not as far as I understand, but I
could be wrong ...) we likely didn't install one.
[/snip]

Sorry, I meant to say that we likely DO NOT have a cache extension
installed.

Can anyone think of any other reason why the order in which the class
files are loaded would be changed on one server to the next?

Cheers and TIA,

Pablo