Ing. Josué Aranda wrote:

>Hi to everyone..
>
>now i have a little problem counting an nested array. Im using it to
>fill a Java TreeView... it looks like this:
>
>[snip]
>
>The number of the branches is not always the same.. (it depends on the
>query).. when i use count($array, COUNT_RECURSIVE) for nested arrays..
>it give to me the total including the nodes in the branches ( in this
>case 28).. now here is the question, how i can get only the last nodes
>in this case ... exist a easy way to do it?. or its necessary to make
>a funcion with a bunch of foreach?.. any suggestions are welcome =o)
>thanks!

Well, if you do a count of the root, you ought to get the amount of
numbers in there, and, with that number of the last item, access that
array, do a count() on that, get the last item, and so forth and so on,
you could write a small recursive function here to call itself with each
new child, getting the last item, down into the structure until X level.

Not sure if there's a PHP native function for doing this, though.
Perhaps someone else knows. If nothing else, try this way.

Regards,
Torgny