Richard Lynch wrote:
I have a HUGE distrust of web browsers, so will go out on a limb and say:

Web browsers are not reliable transport mechanisms for upload of
monster files. Use FTP.

That might be wrong, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

If somebody else wants to claim that uploading 200MB files in a
browser is a Good Idea, go right ahead.

I've definitely got to agree with you here. If you need to upload anything that size, or even half that size, I'd either use FTP, or develop something using raw sockets and a custom client app (if it needed to be super-user-friendly and your users didn't necessarily know how to use FTP).

Jasper