This one time, at band camp, Jasper Bryant-Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Because he asked for superglobals, not globals. $GLOBALS (not $_GLOBALS)
meh, force of habit
> happens to be an example of a superglobal.

and variable can be set within its scope, so why not use it?
As we see in the manual at $GLOBALS _is_ a super global and available
to all scopes within the script.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.php#reserved.variables.globals
it refers to $GLOBALS as " This is a 'superglobal', or automatic global,
variable. "

gotta love the php manual
kevin