Like Clint, I definitely recommend Mambo. Or, to be precise: "the CMS
formerly known as Mambo". Recently a split has happened between the
core-developers who will continue to develop the system (with much support
from the community) - see the new website at
http://www.opensourcematters.org/ - and between Miro, the company that had
the rights for the name, did some of the original work and recently set up a
foundation to support the whole OS-development. However, the way this all
happened as well as the terms and conditions of the new foundation caused
that split.

But regardless of all that dispute, "the CMS formerly known as Mambo" still
is a very solid solution and I have no doubt the devs will continue to take
good care of it :)

Cheers

Michael