On 23 Aug 2005, at 14:05, Jay Paulson wrote:

I would say check out Dupral, Mambo, and XOOPS.

Drupal looks great, but whenever I've tried to get into it, nothing seems to work properly. Xoops is capable (I've used it on a couple of sites), but generally a complete mess internally. Both of them have massive, cryptic control panels and it's inordinately complicated to do simple things like "put this bit of text at the top of the front page". Unless you want your site to look and work like everyone else's Nuke clone, I'd steer clear of these.

The majority of so-called content management systems actually fail dismally at managing content. I don't know why they even use the name.

For simple sites, Website Baker is great, especially if the intended admin wants little hassle. It's one of the few that seems to put a strong emphasis on usability over feature bloat.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
Synchromedia Limited: Putting you in the picture